Building a new home or remodeling an existing one is an exciting process, one you may want to document with a series of photo collages. Today’s photo collage software offers collage art and collage frames to complement your photos and other keepsakes in attractive, professional-looking collages to show off your dream home.
- Be sure to take before and after pictures! Later you can leverage the use of collage art and collage frames to accentuate the changes and add text to explain and date them.
- Photograph your house on a nice sunny day. A blue sky will make a much nicer backdrop than a gray one, and a sunny interior is inviting too.
- Photograph your home inside and out. Capture the patio as well as the view from the patio.
- Take the big picture as well as the details that give your home character.
- Get pictures of your yard, landscaping features, street sign and neighborhood.
- Photograph the mailbox, driveway, entranceway and numbers on your house.
- If you moved to a new area, you may want to photograph a sign welcoming visitors to the new city or stating the population of the town.
- Take pictures of construction in progress, including the workers completing milestones or applying the first strokes of paint.
- Photograph the move and the members of the household in your new home, such as your dog lying in front of the fireplace and the family at the front door.
- Capture pictures of your first meal at your new home or your housewarming party to include in the photo collage as well.
Keepsakes for Your Dream House Collage
If you’re building or adding on to your home, you may want to insert photos of other homes that inspired you when you designed your dream home. You can also scan blueprints and other official documents and include those in the digital collage.
Swatches of the colors you choose for your house can be another great feature to include in your photo collage. You may want to choose collage art and collage frames to match or complement the palettes of your home.
New Home Collage Designs
Today’s collage art and collage frames provide infinite options to help you design photo collages about your new residence. Digital collage layouts enable you to easily try out different types of backgrounds, collage art patterns and embellishments in collage frames before you commit. Anything you do to your collage can be redone many times over without wasting time, effort and money. You can mix and match collage frames or create your own unique styles of collage art. And that’s only the beginning of the advantages that going digital has to offer the modern-day scrapper.
Displaying your dream home to faraway friends and family is easy when you can e-mail them digital photo collages. You can also print copies of your photo collages to frame or mail to family members who may not have Internet access. But unlike traditional paper-and-glue photo collages, which are vulnerable to being weathered by the elements, digital collages will probably outlast even your house itself!
Digital scrapbooking diva Sasha Byers explores the world of documenting memories digitally, providing insight and ideas on how to create digital photo collages and scrapbooks. She offers tips on scrapbooking important events, travels and major life periods such as childhood, school athletics and a child’s transition out of the nest. She also debunks common myths about digital scrapbooking and addresses frequent questions on this popular new hobby. Sasha’s blogs provide answers, tips and digital scrapbooking ideas to help you create sharper, more attractive scrapbooks in half the time